Thursday, November 03, 2011

Non-Traditional Christmas Greeting

Good Morning Scrapping Cottage friends! 
Angelica here with one of my favorite non-traditional Christmas color combos - that's right - it's not red and green! 
I do love those gorgeous evergreens and holly berries, but isn't it fun to see bright blues and pinks, too?  With just a little bit of sparkle? 


The Ornate Holiday Tree is one of my favorite Cottage Cutz ever! It is so versatile and perfect for stenciling or just as it is! I used some of my most favorite specialty cardstock - American Crafts glitter paper to cut the tree. It has a fabulous sparkle, is a breeze to cut, and the glitter is completely encapsulated so there is absolutely no rough texture, it doesn't flake off - ever.

Here's a close up of the paper:



I used my iRock to rock those beautiful little ornament circles that punch out with the die. Using the size of the circles as my guide, I chose three different gem sizes and placed them inside the tree.


Hope you enjoyed today's inspiration - the holidays are fast approaching and this would be an easy and quick card to make for your friends and family this Christmas season! Thanks for coming by today!

Angelica

2 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is a beautiful Christmas card---non-traditional colors but WOW! I love all the gems on the tree:) FAB!

Lorie said...

Very pretty, Angelica, and I love your non-traditional color palette! Just BEAUTIFUL!!!