Sunday, November 06, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Good morning!  Yeah baby!  It IS cold outside, and getting colder.  I guess it's time, and after the long hot summer, I'm ready.  It sure makes crafting winter and Christmas cards much easier.   I've been playing with the dies from the latest Christmas release at The Scrapping Cottage, and this card was made with the Winter Bird with Ornament Cottage Cutz die.  This one was really fun to color, and I love the bigger size.  I can't help it, I just love to color bigger images and die cuts.  This was cut with white card stock and colored with Copic markers.
I used some Basic Grey paper for this card, and I added plenty of stickles to the ornament, along with a rhinestone embellishment.  NO ribbon on this one, and I gotta tell ya that it just doesn't feel right!  I think I use ribbon on about every card I make, but it's good to change it up once in a while.  ;-)  I gave the bird some extra shimmer by going over it with a Saukura Gelly Roll pen in red, and smudging it with my fingers to spread the sparkle around.
Here's a closer look at the sparkle on the birdie.  I'm so glad you could drop by today, and I hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend.  Have a blessed day, and happy crafting!
Love ya!
Lorie



3 comments:

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

Cute card! I absolutely love how you did the bird!

Vicky said...

Oh my goodness this is such a cute card, I love it. I love Cardinals they are beautiful birds. great job your card pops

Heidi said...

Beautiful job with this birdie, how lovely!