Monday, July 13, 2009

CottageCutz Tree w/Hearts & Leaves

When I saw the Cottage Cutz Tree w/Hearts & Leaves die, it was love at first sight. :) I had visions of doing cute Valentine's Day cards with it. But you know me, I alway think ahead as to what else can I do with a die to get my money's worth. So scroll down to see what I came up with. :)

I found a quote that made this die a good one for anniversary cards. All the leaves and hearts look SO pretty on this one when you see it "in person." :) What else could I use it for?

How about for Halloween? Cut the tree out of black paper and it takes on a "spooky" feel. I
glued eyeballs on it to make it even "scarier." :) The eyeballs are what I called "googlely eyes"
and can be found in craft stores with several to a package. How about one more sample with this die? :)


It can be used for winter or Christmas themes too. By cutting the tree from white paper, it looks "cold." :) I used some snowflake eyelets and then put crystal rhinestones in the centers of the
eyelets to make a "snow tree." You could also cut the tree from red paper, put it on a blue background and put white star brads on it for a patriotic theme. Or how about cutting it from green paper and putting shamrock brads on it for a very different St. Patrick's Day card or layout? Of course it would be pretty to cut it from brown paper for an autumn theme. I would leave it bare except for maybe one leaf brad laying at the base of the tree. That would be sharp! :) Maybe you could come up with even more ideas (and if you do, share them in the comments section with us). :) Be sure to check out all the great CottageCutz dies at Scrapping
Cottage.



6 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh these are fabulous! I'll be scraplifting these ideas for sure! I love this die!

Donutfryer said...

Great job on using the tree. I had a misfit of a brain for using this tree. I knew I wanted it but couldn't for the life of me think of other ways to use it. So a BIG
THANKYOU for doing me a favor of giving me ideas. Good job.

Ruth Ellen said...

Bev, you have out done yourself!!! I love all the different versions of the Cottage Cutz tree you created, but I think the google-eyed tree is my favorite!

Rochelle said...

Bev, this is Amazing! Incredible! Wonderful! and every other great word that I could ever think of! I love the versatility of the die and the darling way you showed it! This is a tree for every occasion!! :O) Beautiful work...thank-you! :O)

CreatedbyKay said...

What a great idea to show everyone the versatility of this cute CC tree. Cute examples! Thanks Bev!

annb said...

Awesome job. I love a die that can be used for lots of occasions! Cute cards too!