Wednesday, July 01, 2009

WATCH FOR IT WEDNESDAYS #17




Today's tip is one about saving money. :) That's always a good thing, right? Especially if you have a daughter in college and are always broke like me. :) That's one reason I love my Sizzix dies. It's like an investment in something that I know I can use over and over. By changing papers, etc. I can get many varied looks. My tip though involves REALLY looking at your die and seeing if you can change it. This way you'll be able to get more use from it and SAVE MONEY. :) By using scissors and making some simple cuts, you can get new looks from your
diecuts. For my example, I used the Sizzix Sizzlits Hello Kitty called Corners, Flowers (#65584).
The first picture shows what the die looks like when cut. Then look at my example and see that I simply snipped off the hearts and flowers. This opens up a lot more room for play with this die! :) So the next time you get out your diecuts, see how you can get a "different" look from
them by making some snips of your own. :) Be sure to check out all the great products at great prices at Scrapping Cottage!! :)

3 comments:

Lulu's Scraps said...

what a neat idea :D

Ruth Ellen said...

Love the card! And the decorative corner die looks completely different without the hearts and flowers!! Great job!

Amber said...

Thank you so much for this tip. You have given me the encouragement to think outside the box. Thanks so much. Btw, I love the card too...

Have a blessed day!