Thursday, July 30, 2009

Simplicity with the Silhouette


Do you ever have those days where you want to scrapbook, but at the same time, you don't have all day to spend trying to finish a page? Sometimes it can be just as much fun creating a simpler layout as it can be pulling out all of your embellies. When you are in this sort of scrapping mood, your silhouette is your best friend! It is so easy to create some simple embellishments using your silhouette.

One day I was in my scrapbook room with my camera out and my youngest came in and saw me and proudly exclaimed, "Mommy, take my picture." And of course I was happy to oblige. When I sat down to scrap this picture, I knew I wanted to keep things very simple and leave all the focus on the picture. I didn't even need to include journaling because my title says it all. I created the dainty swirled brackets using my silhouette. These brackets are a good example of how you can achieve small intricate cuts with your silhouette. I also used the Dragonfly 4x8 alphabet for my title because I like how the swirls on the letters match the swirly brackets I used.

5 comments:

Beverly S. said...

Cute! I love those brackets and how you placed them on the photo. :) Love that alphabet too
on the title.

CreatedbyKay said...

Such a cute "pink" layout Ruth Ellen!

Rochelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rochelle said...

I like your Silhouette brackets and the way that you used them....
to show off your little sweetie! Cute layout! :O)

Christine said...

Okay, I just have to say that I love the woody!!!

Blessings,
Christine