Saturday, July 22, 2017

~ Bride & Groom ~ (new die)

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

Have you had an opportunity to visit the online store to see the new dies that have been released? There are 20 new wedding dies and 17 fun new nesting shapes.  They are currently on a limited time 25% off sale.

Today, I am featuring the new Garden Bride & Groom die as well as the new nested Stitched Scallop Rectangle die.
I have a wedding to attend soon and this die is perfect. I like the elegant appeal of this silhouette image. So I created a card a bit more on the clean and simple side to keep the bride & groom die cut as the central focus.

So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.
Step 1: When I make wedding cards, I usually choose the colors the bride has chosen for her wedding. In this case, it's a rich denim blue and a soft pink. I cut the scallop frame in the denim and then the bride & groom in white. I used the largest of the scalloped rectangle dies for my frame.
Step 2: I decided to stamp my sentiment on the card base before I placed any of the card elements. Used my stamp-a-ma-jig to help with the placement and to keep it straight. I stamped in the denim ink. I thought this sentiment worked so well with this bride & groom image.
Step 3: As I thought of ways to incorporate the pink into my card, I decided to use some ribbon. It dresses up a card nicely and adds interest. My card base is a little larger than what I usually do.
Card Base: 5 7/8" x 4 3/4"
Step 4: Attached the bride and groom to the scalloped frame with double sided tape. Once that was placed I die cut the corner flourish. I cut them first in white but it just didn't have enough pop. Once I tried the denim blue I liked the look. I used the corner flourish die. Attached the flourishes with mini glue dots.

Step 5: Finished off my card by adding a couple of pink hearts cut from the new Mr. & Mrs. die
Well that's it for me for this post. I hope I have given you an idea on a way to use these new dies. Remember, for a limited time you can save 25% on the new dies.
 
dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgardenbrideandgroomelites.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedscalloprectangleset.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzcornerflourishelites.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzmrandmrswithhearts.aspx
 
 
 

6 comments:

Anja Ž. said...

Mary, it's beautiful.

Janja said...

I like the color combination with a pink touch. Very nice!

Lois said...

Lovely, Mary! I like the flourished corners; they add a bit of elegance.

Sukie said...

Very pretty card! I love the elegant design with the dies! The accent of the pink looks so amazing too!

Pam MacKay said...

Love the navy and pink combo very elegant and beautiful!

SugarShine Designs said...

Mary, Your card is elegant and beautiful. Pink and navy go great together and the flourishes add an extra special touch.