Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Wildflower Sympathy

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Wednesday edition of the Blog.

We have some fabulous new Spring dies in the store. Today for your viewing pleasure I am featuring some of the new Wildflowers dies. I have used Wildflowers 1 and Wildflowers 3 on my card for today.

Let's get started on how I created this card.

Mint Green Card Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Navy Layering Panel: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Patterned Paper Panel: 5 1/4" x 4"

I wanted to use these beautiful wildflower dies to create a sympathy card. My choice of colors today came from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #622. When I was looking through my cardstock, I found these A2 card bases in my stash that had a watercolor wash. It was perfect for my card idea.

So all I did was cut the A2 card to the size panel that I needed. The card had the watercolor design on the front and back of the base. So now I have another panel to create a 2nd card. I matched it up with a mint green and navy blue panels.
Even though I was creating a sympathy card, I still wanted a splash of color for the flowers. I used the watermelon color for the wildflowers. I thought that would look good against the mint and dark blue of the card front.
 
I stamped my sympathy sentiment on the image panel in navy ink before I assembled my card. I then assembled the panels with double sided tape. I didn't add my die cut images because I didn't want the flowers to interfere with the layering. Sometimes it can through off your eyeballing of getting the layers straight.
 
 
My next step was to add my wildflowers, butterfly and scatter a few sequins to finish off this card. I like to have a sympathy card or 2 in my stash for when the occasion arises. It's easier for me to create a sympathy card when you don't need one. Below is a photo with a close-up view of the dies. You can always click on it to get a larger view.
 
 Well that's it for me for today. Thanks for dropping by today and leaving your comments. I read them all. Until next time.........
 
Variation of card. On this one I used navy blue enamel dots and a dragonfly.
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwildflowers1.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzwildflowers3.aspx
 
 







4 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Gorgeous job coloring! Love your cards!

Janja said...

Beautiful!

Lois said...

Sympathy cards are not always easy, but these wildflowers make a wonderful card. I love the background, Mary.

Anita Kejriwal said...

Very elegant . The choice of colours is so good