Thursday, November 30, 2023

Garden Bicycle

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Thursday edition of the Blog.

It's new release time!!! We have our annual Black Friday release available now in the online store. There are 19 different designs, and they can be used for all seasons. The dies are broken into 2 different bundles with bundle pricing under $78. Bundle pricing is only available through Friday, December 1. Or you can pick up the individual dies for 30% off.

We also have our Christmas 2023 release in the online store that has 40 designs. It's an old-fashioned Christmas theme. You can pick up the individual dies at 30% off for a limited time.

For today's card, I am featuring the new Garden Bicycle die. I made this card for a friend who moved to the Pittsburgh area this summer.  

It's been an adjustment for her, but she has been slowly finding her way around and starting to feel like she belongs. She is an avid bike rider and spent a lot of time on our dedicated trails that meander through wooded areas as well as along our rivers. So, I thought she would like this special card. 

Design Steps:

I started my card with a sketch that I had saved on one of my Pinterest boards. It's an older one but I thought it would work well to showcase the garden bicycle and the addition of the ribbon and the punched daisy edge makes it a bit more feminine. 
I cut my bicycle in colors that coordinated with my designer paper and that look like her bike. Just to make it a bit more special. 
  
For my background papers I used 2 different patterns of designer papers. The pink dotted paper (1 7/8" x 5 1/4") is from the Stampin' Up "pop of pink specialty paper" and it's layered on melon mambo cardstock (2" x 5 3/8"), the flowered paper (2 1/8" x 5 1/4") is from the "cheerful treat" collection" and it's layered on lucky limeade cardstock (2 1/4" x 5 3/8").  
Next, I added a bow with a lucky limeade brad center and a daisy edge cut from a Martha Stewart punch.
I stamped my sentiment in gray ink on a white rectangle panel. I used the 3rd largest die (2 1/2" x 3 1/2") from the Pierced Rectangle Set
I layered the sentiment panel on a melon mambo panel. I used the 2nd largest die from the Rectangle Set (2 5/8" x 3 5/8"). Attached my bicycle with clear drying glue.
To finish off my card, I attached the image panel with dimensional adhesive and added a few melon mambo enamel dots. 
That's it for me for this week. See you again next Saturday. 

Reminder: Marla has a new video and a giveaway on the CottageCutz YouTube channel. Click here.








2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Super sweet Mary love that bicycle

Kristine said...

Love this card Mary - very cute!