Sunday, November 26, 2023

Easel Card using Strawberry Plant Die

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Sunday edition of the Blog.

It's new release time!!! we have our annual Black Friday release available now in the online store. There are 19 different designs and they can be used for all seasons. The dies are broken into 2 different bundles with bundle pricing under $78. Bundle pricing is only available through Friday, December 1. Or you can pick up the individual dies for 30& off.  

Kristine featured the first sample on Friday - see it here. Marla has a new video on our YouTube channel. She does a review of Bundle #1 with a giveaway. See it here. 

Now onto my sample for today. I am featuring the new Strawberry Plant and the Sentiment Thank You Berry Much and I created an easel fun fold card.  
I needed a thank you card for a gift of homemade Strawberry Jam that I received from a friend. So, let's get started with some details of how I created my card. 

Design Details:

I started my card by first cutting the images with red & green cardstock. The sentiment is cut in white. 
Next, I started on my easel card. My base layer is red cardstock measuring 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". Then is gets scored at 2 1/8" and then at 4 1/4". 
Fold the score lines and now you have your card base. It forms a tent shape. 
Then cut another piece of red cardstock at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". It will cover the entire front of card. You only need to tape the lower portion of the fold. This will be the panel that gets decorated. For those that like a video. Here is one that shows the steps I just did for you. 
I used a wood plank designer paper cut at 4" x 5 1/4" and taped this to the card front panel. 
For the card inside I cut a piece of white cardstock at 4" x 5 1/4" and also a piece of designer paper at 2" x 5 1/4". The sentiment berry will sit on the designer paper. I can write a personal note on the white panel. 
I attached the Berry sentiment with dimensional adhesive. I also cut the berry 3x so it would lift off the card at the height I wanted. 
To finish off my card, I attached the strawberry plant and scattered a few red enamel dots for added interest. That's my sample for this new release. See you next Saturday.








No comments: