Monday, May 01, 2023

Mother's Day Vase Pop Up Card

Happy May Day, crafty friends!

Kris here to share with you a pretty pop up card with a vase and bouquet!  This one is called a Vase Pop Up card... so the wow factor is on the inside of your card.  I decided to make it a Mother's Day theme featuring the NEW Spring Daffodils. 

I'll show you the inside of my card first ☺

and below is the front of my card...

Here's a short clip of how the vase pops up when you open the card ☺  
If you can't see it here, please click HERE.

I followed a video tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers by Gloria here.  It may be most helpful to watch that video (or there are others on YT if you search Vase Pop Up ☺)

The patterned paper I used is called Sunshine and Rainbows from SU!

DESIGN STEPS:

I started with a white A2 card base:  5-1/2" x 4-1/4"

INSIDE RIGHT:
Mango Melody mat = 5-1/4" x 4"
White cardstock = 3-3/4" x 5" 

INSIDE LEFT:
 • Blue patterned paper (same DSP) = 5-1/4" x 4"
• Rainbow striped patterned paper = 2-1/4" x 5"  
- then score along the 5" side at 1" and 4"
- then score along the 2-1/4" side at 3/4" and 1-1/2" just up to the scored line!
- then cut as shown in photo 
• white cardstock = 3/4" x 2"
• white cardstock = 3/4" x 3-7/8" 
- then scored at  3/8" on just one end


It's best to watch the video to see how to create the vase with moving mechanism ;)  


I die cut the Daffodils from yellow (Daffodil Delight), orange (Mango Melody) and green cardstock then gave some shadowing with Copics.


I glued a few of the flowers/stems to the blue layer above the vase, and some I glued to the top back-side of the vase so they pop out along with the vase when the card is open. 

I then decided to print a poem for the right side of my card since I didn't have any big Mother's Day sentiment stamps.  So I cut my white piece down to 3-1/4" x 4-1/4", then I matted it with a piece of blue/white patterned paper that I first die cut with largest Nested Scalloped Rectangle.


For the front, I die cut the Stitched Alphabet in oranges and yellow, and the Daffodils in green and yellow, then I used Copic markers to give the orange shade into it.  The li'l hearts were die cut from the Celebrate Banner die.  And the blue inverted scallops frame is just what was left after I die cut the scalloped rectangle from the middle of it for the inside mat!  



I hope I've inspired you to try something NEW to you using your favorite CottageCutz dies! 

~Kristine

PRODUCTS I USED:





2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is gorgeous- an awesome card for Mother’s Day and. Great way to give a forever bouquet

Pam MacKay said...

Fantastic pop up card the daffodils look gorgeous!