Sunday, May 07, 2023

Happy Father's Day

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Sunday edition of the Blog.

Our Easter -Spring release is still available in the online store with 17 new designs. There is something for every card maker with faith-based dies, beautiful floral images, whimsical with bunnies and frogs and several lovely birds and butterflies.

You will be able to take the images beyond the Easter or Spring season. And for a limited time, you can get individual dies at 30% off

Today for your viewing pleasure I am using the new Pond w/Cattails & Lilypad die + an older die Fishing Pole & Boat and Fishing Gear

I created a Father's Day card. this one will go to my brother who is an avid trout fisherman. In fact, he was out fishing this week and he sent us a fresh catch. They were already scaled, debone and filleted and ready for a quick pan fry. So delicious and healthy.

I started my card with the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #946. Our colors were cherry cobbler, old olive, pacific point and bermuda bay. Optional was to make it masculine. 
cherry cobbler, pacific point, old olive, bermuda bay
I chose an ombre background designer paper in the bermuda bay color. I cut the boat and other elements in the challenge colors plus some allowed neutrals. 
I framed my scene using the Pierced Wide Rectangle frame die. Looks like this one is retired and no longer available, but you can easily cut a frame using any of the CottageCutz Rectangle dies

Stamped my sentiment and my first Father's Day card is finished. See you next Saturday.

Reminder: We have a couple of Design Team openings. Check out this post for all the details. 



 


3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Fantastic Father’s Day card!

KristineB said...

Such a great card Mary!! Love this theme, my hubby would love this! And that's too bad that the frame die is retired as those are SO POPULAR right now!!

Yaufa88khcambodia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.