Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Flower 6 Thanks Card

Hello Cottage Cutz friends,
Melinda here with you this terrific TuesDIE. Today I am sharing another simple card that you can make in bulk to build your stash.
Here is a look at my completed card. I started with a side folding A2 card base. I used some white cardstock for the base.


I decided to use one of the scalloped slimline dies to create a scalloped edge on the top side of the card.
In this photo you can see how I positioned the die. The cutting edge of the one side is on top of the die cut. I then put the paper over the other edge of the second side so that it would not cut.



Here is a view of my sandwich for the die cut machine. Because the die is a bit longer, I had to use my full size Gemini die cutting machine. 

Here is a look at the finished edge after it is cut.

Because the edge would cause the cover to be smaller than the bottom (back), I put a piece of patterned paper on the inside. You can add a white mat to the right side to write your sentiment or you can use the inside left if using a white or light colored cardstock like I did.


Next, I cut out the Flower 6 die cut from white cardstock. I then cut the stem portion as shown in the photo above. I then proceeded to color my die cut pieces with my markers.

Here is a closeup of the finished flowers. Once they were colored, I adhered them to the patterned paper mat that I put on the top of the mat. I did add some stickles to the inside decorative piece. I also added some sequins scattered for a pretty decorative touch.

Here is a closer look at the edge. It is understated but adds a very nice touch.



I then cut out the thinking of you die cut from white cardstock. I then colored the words with my markers to match my card's color scheme.

Lastly, I added the sentiment to the scalloped oval. I used a little foam tape to give that a little lift.

Here is one last look at my completed card.

Dies Used



Well that about covers it for today! Be sure to stop back by and see what the other super talented designers create and don't forget to check out Cottage Cutz on YouTube!

Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty day!

2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Such a beautiful way to let someone know you are thinking about them.

Anis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.