Monday, May 08, 2023

Car and Balloons

Hi and welcome to a new week of crafty inspiration!! 

Kris here to share with you a cute and simple card featuring the car from the Spring Bunny Car, the balloons from the Spring Party Car, (both from our latest Spring Release!) and I added some previously released dies such as a dog from the Christmas Puppies, and the Slimline Clouds and Slimline Grass to help create my scene.  ☺


I started with this week's Color Challenge at SCS (CC946)
Cherry Cobbler
Pacific Point
Old Olive
Bermuda Bay
+ the dessert option= masculine


also used last week's Ways to Use It Challenge (WT946):
Feature a cloud/s - I stenciled them AND used a cloud border die!


Design Steps:

• I cut my card base 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4" for a top folding A2 card.

• I cut a scrap piece of white cardstock to 5-1/4" wide and shorter than 4" which is what I would have cut it to if it wasn't a scrap.  I then sponged clouds on it using Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink.

• I cut a piece of Old Olive c.s. at 5-1/4" wide & die cut the top with the Grass Slimline die, then I stamped a sentiment in bottom right corner.

• I cut a piece of white at 5-1/4" wide and die cut the bottom with the Clouds Slimline die. 

• I cut a piece of road patterned paper (from La-La Land Crafts) at 5-1/4" wide.

 • I then die cut my car from Pacific Point, Bermuda Bay and white cardstock and used Copics to color the white pieces.  I cut the dog from white and the balloons from each of the challenge colors.  

• I then layered them onto my card front as shown below:


• I added some baker's twine in the Bermuda Bay color behind each balloon, then loosely tied them together (I removed this tie later).


• I then added a pop dot behind each balloon and attached it where I wanted them on my card front.

• I then added a strip of Scor Tape where I wanted to tack down the strings (behind the car) and removed the tie.


• I pulled the strings kinda tight and attached onto the tape, then added another strip of Scor Tape over the strings, then a piece of scrap paper to hold in place (and to keep from sticking to the car).

• Next, I added some mini dimensionals (foam hexagons) to pop the car up.  This is needed so there won't be that hump where the strings are bunched up.


• Lastly, I added my car and done!  Easy peasy! 


PRODUCTS I USED:

30% OFF!

30% OFF!

30% OFF!




Thanks so much for looking!  I hope this fun li'l card inspires you in some way to use your favorite CottageCutz dies!  

Reminder - We're having a Design Team Call!!  See this post for details!
View more design team creations on our YouTube channel here

~Kristine

No comments: