Saturday, May 27, 2023

Flowers 3 - Hugs Card

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand-new release in the online store. It's our Folk Art release with 19 new designs. For a limited time, you can pick up the entire bundle for 65% off. The individual dies are 35% off

The folk-art designs are so perfect for cardmaking, journaling, and scrapbooking. They allow you to add a beautiful touch of folk art to whatever you may be creating.  The team will begin showing ideas in the next week. 

We are also having a Memorial Day sale with savings of up to 70% off.  Check out the store early for the best selections. The sale ends Wednesday.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring the Flower 3 and Leafy Branch 3 dies. I created a card for my good friend who just received some not so good health news on her hubby. 

I started my card with my background. I had this envelope in my stash and decided to cut it apart and use it as designer paper. I just thought it was too pretty to use as an envelope. I layered it with an espresso cardstock and then my card base is a powder pink shade.
Powder Pink Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Espresso Layering Panel: 4" x 5 3/8"
Designer Paper Panel: 3 7/8" x 6 1/4"
I cut the Flower 3 images in powder pink cardstock and the pistil in a bold pink cardstock. I used a yellow enamel dot for the centers. The Leafy Branch 3 is cut in olive cardstock.
I cut my Hugs w/Shadow die in the 2 shades of pink cardstock. 
Now I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper panel to the layering panel with double sided tape. 
For the images I wanted them lifted slightly off the background, so I used dimensional adhesive to attach them. For the leaves I used a clear drying glue.
To finish off my card I attached the Hugs phrase, added a few enamel dots to the card corners and then secured everything to the card base. 
Well that's it for me for this week. See you next Saturday.

Reminder: We are having a design team call. If you like working with dies and cute images, you have until Wednesday, May 31st to send in your application. Click here for all the details. 

Dies I used to create card:







1 comment:

Kristine said...

So pretty Mary 🌸🌿