Saturday, May 13, 2023

Mother's Day Scene

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Sunday edition of the Blog.

Our Easter -Spring release is still available in the online store with 17 new designs. There is something for every card maker with faith-based dies, beautiful floral images, whimsical with bunnies and frogs and several lovely birds and butterflies.

You will be able to take the images beyond the Easter or Spring season. And for a limited time, you can get individual dies at 30% off

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am using the Pond w/Cattails & Lily Pad + the Fence & Grass dies. I created a Mother's Day card for my next-door neighbor. She has 2 little ones so I thought she might like this outdoor scene. 

Design Steps:

I started my card this week with my background. I had this card base in my stash. It's a loose watercolor marsh scene. I thought it would work for my card idea that involved a water scene.
I cut the fence from a papaya shade of cardstock. It coordinates with one of the colors on the card base. 
For the mama duck & ducklings I used some older dies. I cut the smaller duckling from the Mama Duck & Ducklings for the Mama duck. I used the bird from the Birdhouse & Vine die for the little ducklings. Added the arch sun for a corner embellishment and some cattails for behind the fence. 
Now that all my card elements are cut, I am ready to start assembly. I split the fence to make a pathway into the marshy area. I decided to add another rock and grass tuft to the left side of my card after I took this photo.  
Next, I stamped my Mother's Day sentiment with the help of my MISTI.  
To finish off my card, I secured the ducks to the water area, the corner arched sun and a couple of dragonflies. 
That's it for me for this post. I want to wish all of you Mom's & Grandmom's a very happy Mother's Day. See you next Saturday.

Reminder: We have a couple of Design Team openings. Check out this post for all the details.

We also have a new video and giveaway up on the CottageCutz YouTube channel from Marla Harris.  Click here.

Dies I used to create card:









No comments: