Monday, May 22, 2023

Butterfly Thoughts

Hello crafty friends!

Kris here to share some Monday inspiration with you!  Today's card is a simple thinking of you card featuring the Spring Butterflies and some flowers and leaves from the Spring Frog w/ Mushroom and the Spring Potted Flowers w/ Bird dies.


I really like this color combo - it has an elegance to it which was fitting for this card.

Design Steps:

• I cut a pc of black cardstock to 6" x 9" and scored the 9" side at 4-1/2" for a side folding card.

• I cut a pc of Soft Suede cardstock at 5" x 3-1/2" and layered onto black.

• I die cut the 3rd largest Pierced Oval die 

---TIP:  after die cutting the shape, and before you take it out of the die, I ran my scoring tool (small ball end) around the inside of the die.  This gives a much deeper embossing than running it thru machine with embossing mat.  


here are the results 👍
(although, most of my oval ends up covered up, but it's still pretty!


• I stamped a sentiment onto the white oval.  I didn't use my MISTI and I think the sticker was a bit crooked so I got it a bit crooked too.  Clear stamps are so much easier to position!   To rectify that, I could have stamped first, then die cut 2nd (hindsight!) ☺

• I die cut my flowers and leaves from colored cardstock.  I ended up cutting more than what's pictured here because I never know how much I want to use until I start gluing things down.


• For my butterfly, I die cut it from a burgundy c.s. then I laid that over some pink c.s. and trimmed with my scissors a slight angle inward so the pink ends up a tiny bit smaller than the top one.  Then I glued it under my die cut butterfly. 



PRODUCTS I USED:





Just a couple of reminders:

• All the products in our Spring/Easter Release are 30% OFF!

• We're having a DESIGN TEAM CALL here!


~Kristine


1 comment:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great color combo and a beautifully designed thinking of you card