Friday, March 31, 2023

Coloring Onto "Toned Tan" Paper









Hi everyone! Linh here and I have a new video up on the Cottage Cutz YouTube channelThere are some gorgeous flowers in the latest Easter release! I've made two cards - one using the Spring Lilies and one with the Spring Daffodils. Both are an amazing size and with individual leaves and flower petals, you can really make the floral arrangement as large as you like to fill your card front.

Today, I tried something different. I colored onto "Toned Tan" sketch paper. I laid down an initial base of soft pastel to get some basic color onto all the die cuts.  Then I went back in with colored pencils to give more shading, definition and texture. It's such a fun technique and a very different, almost vintage look.


 
  

 


Here's what I used to make this card
 









3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

2 beautiful floral cards Linh- love these new dies

Pam MacKay said...

Beautiful cards love the embossed background

Patti L said...

Whoo hoo! I won the Love you Mom die! Thank you! How do I claim it?