Saturday, March 18, 2023

Cross with Spring Lilies


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

Our Flowers & More release is still available in the online store at 30% off the individual dies. This release has what we are calling "simple cuts". Meaning not as many pieces to put together so they assemble quickly.

They are so perfect for the many card making occasions that we all have. Easter, Birthdays, Thank You, Sympathy, Mother's Day, Thinking of You or even a scrapbook layout just to name a few. 

Today for your viewing pleasure I am revisiting an older die -  Cross with Spring Lilies die (2019 release). This is a perfect die to reflect on why we celebrate Easter. It's retired but still available and on sale right now. Let's get started on some details of how I created this card.  

Step 1: I started my card this week with the layout. I am using a sketch that I had saved on one of my Pinterest boards. I thought it would work great to show off the cross and allow me also to use some background designer paper. This particular sketch gave all the dimensions for the layers so it made creating the card a bit easier.
I just had to select my card colors and I decided on shades of purples since purple is the color of royalty.
For the center panel I used a white dotted tulle and an olive satin ribbon. The olive picks up the stem of the lilies.  For the oval panel, I used the 3rd largest oval and stitched oval dies.
I cut my cross using 2 shades of purple cardstock. The lilies are cut in a paler shade of purple with olive for the stem. I thought that color would look better against the white background. 
Next, I stamped my sentiment in the heather shade of ink. It's the top layer of the cross color. Attached to the ovals with dimensional adhesive. 
Now that all the panels, card base and cross are cut, I am ready to start card assembly. I used double sided tape for all the panels. I secured the ribbons with glue dots.
To complete my card, I secured the oval image panel with dimensional adhesive and attached to the card base with double sided tape. 
Well, that's it for me for this week. See you next Saturday. 

Reminder: Our YouTube Channel has a new video from Jen Hartsgrove. There is a giveaway for being a subscriber, liking the video and leaving a comment. Click here.

dies I used to create card:






2 comments:

Yaufa88khcambodia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yaufa88khcambodia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.