Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Empty Tomb (new die)


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Tuesday edition of the Blog.

We have a brand-new Easter release with 17 new designs available in the online store. There is something for every card maker with faith based dies, beautiful floral images, whimsical with bunnies and frogs and several lovely birds and butterflies. 

You will be able to take the images beyond the Easter or Spring season. And for a limited time you can get bundle pricing on the entire release at 65% off or individual dies at 30% off.

Today for your viewing pleasure I am using the new He is Risen w/Empty Tomb die. 

I started my card using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #940. We are to use soft succulent, soft suede and mango melody for our color trio. Neutral shades are allowed in the challenge. 
soft succulent, soft suede, mango melody


I decided to try and create an Easter card with these colorsI thought I could create an outdoor scene with limited colors and use the Empty Tomb die. 

Soft suede card base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
White image panel: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"

I started by stenciling sun rays with wild honey distress ink. I cut the stone tomb in gray cardstock and sponged with lost shadow distress ink. The greenery around the tomb is cut in soft succulent and then sponged with the same color ink for a darker shade. 

Scripture states that an angel announced that Jesus had risen so I used the Nativity Camel, Palm Tree and Angel die for my angel image. I stamped my sentiment with the idea that the angel is speaking the words. Added a few rhinestones to complete my card. 

See you Saturday with another sample from the new release.

dies I used to create card:












2 comments:

Lena said...

Gorgeous Easter card! This die is on my wish list :-) My birthday is coming up soon so family wants a wish list and I'm forbidden from buying any crafty supplies :-) xx

Mary Marsh said...

Thanks Lena for the kind words. That's a great birthday present to give a wish list and then get what's on the list.