Saturday, July 02, 2022

Sweetest Berry in the Patch

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

It's new release time!!! We have new dies in the online store. It's our Strawberries and Bees release with 16 new designs.  You can pick up the entire bundle for 50% off and the individual dies are 30% off.
The new dies are perfect for all your cardmaking needs. They would work for so many occasions.

Today for your viewing pleasure I am featuring the new Strawberries w/Mouse die and the Berry Phrases die, and I created a fun fold birthday card. So, let's get started with some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:

I found a cute fun fold idea on Pinterest and decided to use it for my card today. Here is a link if you would like to watch a video. I had this strawberry paper in my stash and thought it would work well for a strawberry themed birthday card. 

Red Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Fun Fold Flap: 3" x 3 3/4"
Designer Paper: 1 1/2" x 4 1/8"
I took the 3" x 3 3/4" piece of cardstock and added glue to the scored part. This piece will create the flap. I glued it to the red card base. 
Then I added the 2 sections of designer paper using double sided tape. 
I used another piece of designer paper cut at 2 7/8" x 4 1/8" for the front of the flap.
I set the card base aside to start cutting my images. 
I cut the mouse image and berries from cardstock to complement the designer paper used. The Berry phrase was cut in complimentary cardstocks as well. I attached them with Art Glitter glue. I like this one because it dries clear. 
This panel was attached to the card front flap. I attached the image panel to a white card base measuring 4 3/8" x 5 5/8".
I also decided to finish off the card inside. I cut a piece of white cardstock measuring 2 7/8" x 4". I stamped my birthday sentiment and added a few additional strawberries. 
That complete my card for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this cute new die. See you next Saturday!

Reminder: Our YouTube Channel has a new video from Marla Harris. There is a giveaway for being a subscriber, liking the video and leaving a comment. Click here.

We are also having a big July 4th sale with savings of up to 70%. So, shop early for the best picks.
 





  





2 comments:

Kristine said...

So BERRY Sweet Mary!! I love that fun fold and I recognize that strawberry paper - I have it too! Perfect with this new release. {{such a CUTE mouse}}

Pam MacKay said...

Love the background paper and fancy fold so cute!