Saturday, July 16, 2022

Two Birthday Wishes Cards

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

It's new release time!!! We have new dies in the online store. It's our Strawberries and Bees release with 16 new designs. You can pick up the individual dies are 30% off.

The new dies are perfect for all your cardmaking needs. They would work for so many occasions as our design team have been showing.

Today for your viewing pleasure I created 2 birthday cards. That seems to be the most needed card of the ones I send. So, I can never have enough of these. I have a big extended family plus the friends I send birthday greetings to. 

I am featuring the new Strawberry Treats and the Flowers die. I used the same CAS layout for both cards. Just changed up the designer papers to get a different look. A big plus is this design would be easy to re-create if you had to make multiples.  Let's get started on some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps: 

I picked the colors for the first card and then chose my designer paper & card base. 
 
Light purple card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White border strip: 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper: 3 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Attached to the card base with double sided tape.
Next, I cut the cake image and the sweetest phrase in colors that complemented the base and designer. Instead of the strawberry that is part of the cake design I decided to add flowers. I didn't think a red strawberry would look good with the shades of purple I was using. 
I decided to place the images on a circle. I had this one in my supplies already cut from the Wacky Stitched Circle die. It's the 2nd largest one - approximately 3 1/8".  I attached the circle with double sided tape and the images with dimensional adhesive.  
To finish off this first card, I attached the sweetest phrase, stamped an additional greeting on a banner and added a few light purple gems. 

Now for my second card. This one is using the same layout and color scheme. My designer paper is a  different pattern but the same light purple shade. It's called fresh freesia. And I used the Stitched Circle die on this card. 

The flowers are cut in shades of purple. The Sending phrase is from an older Black Friday release. release - Sending Hugs. It looks like it's no longer in stock, but you could use the Sweet phrase that I used in my first card.  
I attached these images with a combo of double-sided tape, glue and dimensional adhesive. I also used a different sentiment on this card and scattered grape enamel dots to complete it. 
Well that's it for me for this post. See you next Saturday. 

Dies I used to create card:












  

3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Cute pair of cards Mary!

Kristine said...

I'm LOVING both cards Mary - that sweet purple color is so pretty and the design of each is so simple yet elegant. Love them♥

Melinda Beltran said...

What a pretty pair of cards Mary. I love the colors and everything about them.