Sunday, July 10, 2022

So Berry Sweet


Hi my crafty friends! Today a I have a bonus slimline card featuring the "Strawberry Girl" and the "Berry Phrases" dies from the new "Strawberries and Bees" release available now in the Scrapping Cottage. For a limited time, you can purchase the individual dies at a 30% discount.

For my card today, I began by die cutting all of my images from Neenah Solar White Classic Crest card stock. I paired the "Ice Cream Truck" and the "Nested Stitched Doilies" from previous releases, to help create a mini scene. Instead of using my Copic markers today, I chose to ink blend the images with my Distress Inks. Here is a list of the colors I used:

Festive Berries, Picked Raspberries, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Tea Die and Vintage Photo.

The "Ice Cream Truck" comes with little hearts for the sign, but to tie in the berry theme, I added the small strawberries from the "Strawberry Cottage" die and the larger strawberry from "Strawberries w/ Mouse" die. I had a few left over from another project coming soon to the CottageCutz YouTube Channel. I die cut my sentiment from the same white cardstock and chose not to color it to keep the focus on the scene.

The finished card is an odd size. My scene didn't quite fit on a mini slimline card base and it was too small for a full size slim. Therefore, I created a custom base of 3.5" x 7.5". I can easily create an envelope using my envelope punchboard or simply put it in a number #10 envelope.

That completes my card. I hope you will head over to the CottageCutz YouTube Channel and subscribe, so you don't miss any of my upcoming projects.

Thanks for stopping by. Until next time Marla


dies I used to create card:









4 comments:

Birgit said...

This card is "berry" sweet! I'm loving that food truck die. So cute!

Pam MacKay said...

Love the cheery color combo and the ice cream truck with it’s sweet little customer!

Mary Marsh said...

This is just too cute Marla - the combo of dies is perfect - love it!!!

Kristine said...

So SWEET!! love it with the ice cream truck and strawberry ice cream, perfect together ❤