Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Floral Card

Happy TuesDIE Cottage Cutz Friends!
Melinda here with you on this Terrific Tuesday. I hope you are enjoy these wonderful days in July! Today I am sharing a very simple but effective card I created with one of the dies from the new Strawberries and Bees releaseHere is what I came up with.
I created this pretty card with a simple floral theme. I used the wonderful new Flowers 4x6 die that is part of the new Strawberries and Bees release. I die cut several of the flowers in the die out all in white cardstock. I then lightly colored them with a some light shades of pink and gray.

Here is a closeup of one of the flowers. It has two layers as part of the flower. I just curled the petals to give them more movement. I also stuck a small piece of foam between the two layers to give them some additional lift.
Here is a shot looking at the card straight forward. I nestled the various flowers onto the largest double stitched oval from that set. 

Here is a view with the card at an angle so you can see more of the dimension of the flowers and leaves. I added some stickles to the centers of the flowers for a little extra touch. I then mounted the black oval with all the flowers onto three layers of mats. A Black, Pink and Pink and White Polka dot layer. All of that went onto a top folding standard A4 white cardstock base.

I purposely put no sentiment on it as I am not sure if this will be a thinking of you or a birthday card. We shall see :-)


Dies I Used





Be sure to check it out and all the amazing creations from the design team!

Make sure you head over to the CottageCutz YouTube channel and check out all of the amazing projects on there. Our video team is doing a wonderful job of filling the channel with all sorts of creative content! You don't want to miss it!


Well that about covers it for today! Until the next time, have a wonderfully craft-die day!
Melinda Beltran

3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Beautiful floral card Melinda- love the color combo

Pam MacKay said...

Very pretty!

Kristine said...

Gorgeous, love the colors you chose 🥰