Monday, February 21, 2022

Shaker Slimline

Welcome back to the Scrappin Cottage blog.  Today I have created a slimline shaker using Miss Spring Bunny with the Whimsical Heart slimline die.

1.  Diecut using a white piece of cardstock using the slimline die.  Next punch out the hears that may be remaining.  I chose to leave a few hears sparingly along the slimline for a different look.


2.  I next diecut the slimline die using a piece of black foam.  This allows for height when creating the shaker portions for the card.

3.  Add your shaker piece in the hearts as desired.  You could have made the entire card a shaker by adding the foam along the outer edge the die.

4.  Now take your Miss Spring Bunny and diecut and embellish as desired.  I used some mulberry paper to make my bunny to give it a furry look and feel, but the weight of the die machine actually pressed the mulberry paper.
To complete my card I pieced and glued all the parts together. 

In case you didn't hear, The CottageCutz YouTube channel is up and running.  Head over and check out the latest video! There is a giveaway for subscribing too!

2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is an amazing shaker card Monica- I love it!!!!

Pam MacKay said...

Sweet shaker so cute!