Friday, February 25, 2022

Bunny Cottage

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Wednesday edition of the Blog.

IT'S NEW RELEASE TIME! The Spring Release with 20 new designs is in the online store. The individual dies are currently at 30% off. There is a nice combination of both religious and whimsical designs. So perfect for all card makers out there.

And the dies don't have to be used strictly for Spring or Easter. The team has done Valentine, Birthday and Thinking of You cards with these new dies. Take a look back on the Blog for lots of ideas.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I have a whimsical Easter card using the cute Hello Spring Bunny Cottage. So, let's get started on some details of how I created this card. 

Design Steps:
Since I knew the die, I was going to use, I looked for a layout that would allow the image to be front and center and also use some designer paper. I found this sketch online from the Tuesday Morning Sketches Blog and thought it would work well. 
Then I looked through my paper collection for something to coordinate with the playful image. I found these papers with a stripe, a geometric pattern and one that had an ombre appeal. 

Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Background designer paper layers: 2" x 5 3/8"
Angled border layer: 2 3/8" x 4 1/4"
Designer paper angled layer: 2 1/4" x 4 1/8"
Image panel border: 3 7/8" x 2 3/4"
Image Panel: 3 3/4" x 2 5/8"
Next, I cut my images in shades of cardstock that matched the designer paper. 
Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the background layers to the card base with double sided tape. 
The images were attached with glue dots and Glitter Art adhesive (dries clear). I stenciled some clouds on the white panel with salvaged patina distress ink. I used dimensional adhesive to lift it off the background layers slightly. 
And that's my card for this week. I will stamp an Easter greeting on the card inside.  I hope I have given you an idea of a way to use this ever so cute Bunny Cottage die. See you next Saturday. 

Reminder: Our YouTube channel is active again. Check out the latest video from Marla, and we are having a giveaway for subscribing, liking the video and giving it a thumbs up. Click here. 

die I used to create card:



  

1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

Such a sweet little bunny cute card!