Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Easter in the Netherlands!


Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Wednesday edition of the Blog.
 
IT'S NEW RELEASE TIME! The Spring Release with 20 new designs is in the online store. The individual dies are currently at 30% off. There is a nice combination of both religious and whimsical designs. So perfect for all card makers out there.

And the dies don't have to be used strictly for Spring or Easter. The team has done Valentine, Birthday and Thinking of You cards with these new dies. Take a look back on the Blog for lots of ideas.

We are celebrating President's Day here at the Scrapping Cottage with a huge sale with up to 60% off selected dies. It ends on Thursday night so don't delay. 

Today for your viewing pleasure, I have a card that is celebrating Easter and tulips. The background designer paper reminds me of the tulip fields in the Netherlands. Never been there just have seen photos. And I remembered that we had a windmill die that would work perfectly for my idea. 

The card colors are from this week's Splitcoaststampers color challenge. I am the hostess of the challenge and for my color trio I chose pumpkin pie, so saffron and highland heather. Optional is to use any designer paper. 
pumpkin pie, so saffron, highland heather

The windmill is from the Barn & Windmill die. I used so saffron & highland heather cardstock to cut the image. It's currently on sale at 50% off.   

The Easter phrase is from the new Spring Sentiments die. This die has 6 phrase words and 6 Easter or Spring images.  I cut the phrase 3x for more definition and then sponged with the highland heather ink to darken it a bit.   

To finish off this card I stamped a sentiment on the front panel and added a few Spring tulips. The tulips are from the Spring Sheep die. 
That's it for me for this post. I will be back again this weekend with another card sample for you from the Spring collection of dies. 
Reminder: Our YouTube channel is active again. Check out the latest video from Marla, and we are having a giveaway for subscribing, liking the video and giving it a thumbs up. Click here. 


dies I used to create card:







1 comment:

Pam MacKay said...

Beautiful bright and happy love it!