Saturday, February 05, 2022

Bunny Birthday Hugs & Kisses (new die)

Hello CottageCutz friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

IT'S NEW RELEASE TIME! The Spring Release with 20 new designs is in the online store. The individual dies are currently at 30% off.

There is a nice combination of both religious and whimsical designs. So perfect for all card makers out there. And the dies don't have to be used strictly for Spring or Easter. Today I have a birthday card using the new Peeker Bunny w/Pocket die and the Spring Sentiments die. So, let's get started with some details of how I created my card. 

Design Steps:

This week I started with the card colors. I used the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #881. We were to use gorgeous grape, smoky slate and crushed curry for the color trio. Optional was to use our favorite green. 
gorgeous grape, smokey slate, crushed curry
Next, I chose my designer paper and card base. I have many green shades that I like but for this card I chose pear pizzazz because of this heart designer paper. 

pear pizzazz card base: 4 1/4' x 5 1/2"
designer paper layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Then I cut the peeker bunny and pocket in the challenge colors. This sweet little bunny is just too sweet. I love the expression on her sweet face and how she peeks up over the pocket holding a flower. I thought the image was just right for my friend's summer birthday.
The bunny sentiment is from the Spring Sentiments die. Notice the bunny ears on the phrase. How cute is that? 
For the stamped sentiment, I cut a banner from a light green designer paper and stamped the phrase in the gorgeous grape ink. I used my MISTI for placement and because I thought it might need a double ink. And turns out it needed a triple inking.  
Now that all my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the designer paper to the card base and the bunny & pocket with double sided tape. 
I attached the bunny phrase with Art Glitter Glue. A great adhesive that dries clear. The banner is attached with double sided tape. And that's my card for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this new die. See you next Saturday!

dies I used to create card:




3 comments:

Birgit said...

Your pocket-full of bunny is adorable!

Wendy Mind said...

Lovely use of the pocket!

Pam MacKay said...

Very Sweet Birthday card!