Friday, February 04, 2022

Cute Bunny Peeker Bookmarks


Happy Friday Cottagecutz fans. I hope you’ve had a lovely week and are looking forward to the weekend. I shall be trying to fit in as much crafting as possible this weekend as I have a knee op on Monday 
(deep joy!)

Anyway, back to the project in hand,

I really wanted to use some of the longer nested shapes and then I thought, bookmarks! I used the 7” ‘Scalloped Stitched Rectangle Slimline’ and cut it out in 3 colours twice. I wanted to the bookmark have some heft so it lasted well so I stuck them together



Next I printed out my nieces names and popped their names on white card. Once printed I cut them using the 6 and 1/4” ‘Nested stitched Rectangles’ and then glued them onto the main tag


Next I cut from the ‘Miss Spring Bunny’ die, 3 heads and 3 sets of arms to be used shortly. I used a matching bow in the bunnies ear too


I wanted a focal point to the bookmark and something that the page of your book could link onto. So I cut out the 2nd largest ‘Nested Stitched Scalloped Circles’ twice in each of the main colours. In one of the scalloped circles I cut out the middle so that it will look like the bunny was peeking over the circle. I also cut out 3 white nested circles 

I stuck the white circle to the scalloped circle and then the rim on top of that




So the bunny was attached to the scalloped circle then attached to the end of the main bookmark. Make sure you use 3D foam pads so you have that give for the bunny to sit on the page you mark in your book

I added the little chick to each die and also a diamanté to finish on the bow




 I really hope that you like the project for today and have inspired you to make little gifts for Easter.
Have a wonderful weekend and I will see you next week
Hugs
Wendy

Dies I have used:







Don’t forget to check out our YouTube page. I know Theary has made a wonderful project this week




3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Cute bookmark projects - perfect for young readers

Pam MacKay said...

Very creative and so cute

Stay True To God said...

Hi Wendy!! :)

Adorable!! What a great idea and I'm sure your nieces will love 'em!! I pray that your knee surgery goes perfect and you have a quick recovery.

Blessings,

Tracy