Friday, August 20, 2021

Wild About You

Happy Friday!  It’s Jeanne today with a card that is on the wild side. My card uses the Safari Friends stamps and dies from the new Lil’ Bluebird Designs release.  These designs are adorable and are on sale right now in the online store.

I was inspired to make this card by a challenge at Splitcoaststampers last week to make a jungle card!

I started by coloring the lion, hippo and zebra with Copic markers.  There are so many cute critters in this set that I had a hard time choosing which ones to use.  I cut them out using the coordinating dies.


 
Next I cut a piece of patterned background paper 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches so I could mount it to an A2 card.  I cut three white scalloped circles using the second smallest of the Nested Stitched Scallop  Circles.  I also leaves from two coordinating green cardstock using the leaves from the Safari Gang dies.

I glued down the two top circles, sentiment and the leaves in the lower left corner.  I love that the sentiments in these stamp sets have coordinating dies.

I popped up the lower circle and placed some linen thread underneath.

Finally I glued down all the animals and added a few metallic dots.

These new stamps are so adorable and fun to color! Be sure to check out all the designs in the online store.

Products used:


 

 


Thanks for visiting today!  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!

4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great card to let that special someone know you care- you did awesome work on your coloring and shading of the animal I ages

Sukie said...

This is such a great card! All of the animals look so adorable and the background paper is gorgeous!

Pam MacKay said...

Adorable jungle themed card love the design!

Joanne said...

Jeanne your card is adorable! Your coloring and the background paper all looks magnificent! Thanks for all of the time and effort put into your card.