Saturday, August 21, 2021

Another Birthday - No Prob-llama

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

IT'S NEW RELEASE TIME! The Scrapping Cottage has just added a new brand to the company line. Lil' Bluebird Designs is being introduced with 16 new Photopolymer Clear Stamp Sets and 16 coordinating dies. There are stamps for so many of your card making occasions and then some. The coordinating dies just make it a perfect fit for your card making designs.

They are currently on a great bundle price at 40% off and the individual dies are 25% off. And speaking of sales there is currently a sizzling summer sale with savings of up to 65% on selected dies. It's time to get those dies you have on your wish lists.

Also just introduced are some new Sentiment Phrases with Shadows. You can pick up this bundle at a 51% savings and or the individual dies at 25% off. The shadow dies are so popular right now and they coordinate so well with the new Lil' Bluebird Stamps and dies that were just released. 

Today for your viewing pleasure I am featuring the new Llama Love stamp & die set. I used it to create a birthday card. I like to have birthday cards on hand to send out to my family and friends. I have a large extended family so I am always in need of cards. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card. 

Design Steps:

Having a layout in mind at the card start is always a big boost for me. That way I can just choose the card colors and designer paper and I am good to go. I liked this week's sketch #867 on Splitcoaststampers because of the somewhat simplistic design. The circle was also a good resting spot for my llama image. 

I looked through my designer papers for a fun and festive designer paper. I found this one with a fiesta theme and I thought it would be a good background for the llama. I also embossed the angled rectangle panel with a cactus folder. 

Turquoise Card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Crushed Curry (Yellow) Angled Rectangle Layer: 1 1/2" x 5 3/8"
White Image Circle: - Stitched Circle Set (4th largest)
Melon Layering Circle: -  Circle set (3rd largest die) 
Next, I stamped, colored and die cut the llama and cactus images. For my coloring mediums,  I used a combination of alcohol markers and Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. 
For the llama body I decided to use some Stampendous fun flock. It gives a fuzzy texture and is adhered with a 2 way glue pen. You press it into the image and let it dry. IRL it looks great on my card. The recipient will love the added touch. 
The photos below show what makers and pencils I used.
I stamped the first sentiment on the white circle with a turquoise ink. I placed it at an angel for added interest. This sentiment is not part of the Llama Love stamp set. 
 
Now that my elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly.  I attached the embossed panel first because it needed to be trimmed once I angled it. 

Next, I attached the circles to the panel with double sided tape. The images are attached with dimensional adhesive. 
For the flag element below the circle, I used a white flag I had in my stash and stamped my 2nd sentiment in turquoise ink. This sentiment is part of the Llama Love Stamp set. I layered it with a strip of melon cardstock and attached with dimensional adhesive. 
To complete my card I added the turquoise card base to the image panel with double sided tape. And, that's my card for this week. I hope I have given you another idea for a way to use this new stamp set. See you next Saturday! 


Stamps & Dies I used to create card:











4 comments:

Sukie said...

Adorable card! I'm loving the patterned paper you used too, it gives your card a festive flair!

Pam MacKay said...

So cute love the background paper and the texture on your llama

Jeanne said...

The fun flock for this llama is great! Now I have one more thing on my “need” list - LOL! Your card is super cute and I know the recipient will love it.

Joanne said...

Such a fun and festive card Mary. Love your background paper it fits with the llama so well. Nice work!