Saturday, June 19, 2021

Welcome Baby

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

IT'S NEW RELEASE TIME! The collection is called COUNTRY FARM! It has the most delightful dies from Tractors to Cowboy Chicks! Each die is just full of awesome details and can be used for so many different occasions. All of the new dies are on sale at 25% off.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring the new Curly Sheep & Lamb die and created a card to welcome a new baby boy. A young couple from church just had their 3rd baby and I want to send them a card. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Design Steps:
I started my card this week by picking the colors. I wanted to use some colors that are typical boy colors. I found this cute designer paper in a royal blue and decided to go with it. I decided to add some ribbon and went with this white flax ribbon. 

Blue Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
White Layering Panel: 4" 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Designer Paper Layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/4"
White image panel: 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
Blue Image Layering Panel: 2 7/8" x 3 7/8"  
Next, I cut my sweet Mama sheep and Baby lamb dies. They are so, so cute. I just love how they turned out.
Then I stamped my "beautiful baby boy" sentiment on the white cardstock die cut image panel. I used the 3rd largest die from the rectangle set and stamped in the royal blue ink to match the cardstock and designer paper panels. 
Now that my card elements are prepared, I am ready to start card assembly. I attached the sheep & lamb image with dimensional adhesive. Then the blue layering panel that was cut with the 2nd largest Stitched Rectangle die was attached with double sided tape to the image. 
I attached the designer paper to the white layering panel and the white flax ribbon with double sided tape. I used a foam adhesive sheet to attach the image panel. I wanted that lifted slightly off the designer paper. 
To finish off my card, I attached the panels to the card base and scattered a few royal blue hearts. I am happy with how the card turned out and I think my friends will like it as well. I hope I have given you an idea of how to use this new die. I will be back on Tuesday with another sample using these new dies. 

Dies I used to create card:
 






2 comments:

Sukie said...

Such a sweet card! I love how you changed up the farm animals into a baby card!

Pam MacKay said...

Perfect little baby card!