Saturday, June 26, 2021

Hay There

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

IT'S NEW RELEASE TIME! The collection is called COUNTRY FARM! It has the most delightful dies from Tractors to Cowboy Chicks! Each die is just full of awesome details and can be used for so many different occasions. All of the new dies are on sale at 25% off.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am featuring the new Farm Cow Peeker  + Farm Pig Peeker and created a birthday card. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Design Steps:

I started off by cutting the cow & pig images. I used various colors of cardstock but you could always use white cardstock and then color the images with your favorite coloring medium. Our design team does each of the ways I just mentioned. 
Since these are peeker images I decided to have them peeking from behind a "wood" themed paper. I wanted to create the idea of barn wood or a fence. It's cut at 1 5/8". For the top part I used a blue sky themed designer paper and attached it under the wood paper. It's cut at 2 3/4".  I cut the papers and used double sided tape to attach them to a piece of white card stock. This entire panel is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
Next I started the card assembly. I attached the cow & pig peekers behind the wood paper panel. 
Then, I attached a dark brown layering panel. It measures 5 5/8" x 4 1/4". This was attached to a medium blue card base. This measure 5 3/4" x 4 1/2".
To finish off my card, I stamped sentiments in the top corners of the card and then the happy birthday sentiment on the wood paper. And that's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you another idea for using these new peeker dies. See you next Saturday!

dies I used to create card:






3 comments:

Jeanne said...

These are such cute critters peeking over the fence to say Happy Birthday! Great card!

Sukie said...

Very cute! Love the little peekers and the fun sentiment you used!

Pam MacKay said...

Fun peeking little animals! Cute card