Friday, June 18, 2021

Howdy Friend!

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne posting to day with a great thinking of you card featuring the Dog in Cowboy Boot die from the new Country Farm release!  This release features 16 adorable dies with a great variety of farm images.  Everything from tractors to cows to chickens!  Be sure to check them all out in the online store.

Today's card went fast thanks to a sketch from Splitcoaststampers.  To accommodate the boot I rotated the sketch 90 degrees.

 
I knew I had some bandana designer paper and then I found this paisley embossing folder in my stash. It coordinates beautifully!

To start I cut the dog from white cardstock and used Distress Oxide ins to color him.

For my sentiment I cut two ovals using the second largest of the Stitched Scallop Ovals and the third largest of the Stitched Ovals.  After stamping the sentiment I layered these; the blue scallops just peek out from underneath.

The trickiest part of this card was the angle.  I cut a base panel 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches from a denim color and then two panels 4 x 5 1/4 inches from white and the DP.  I embossed the white with the paisley folder.

To get my angle I trimmed the bandana panel to 3 x 5 1/4 and marked half way up the long side at 2 3/4 inches.

I used my paper trimmer to cut a line from the lower left corner to the pencil mark giving me the angle.  I assembled my panel pieces.

To finish the card I glued down the oval and used foam dots to pop up the pooch!  Don't forget to check out this adorable release.  It's on sale for a limited time!

Products used:


 


 

Thanks for visiting today!  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!


2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

So cute love the designer paper you used!

Sukie said...

Adorable card! The paper you used looks amazing in the background