Friday, March 05, 2021

Welcome Spring!

Happy Friday!  Are you ready for the weekend?  I know I am; I think I was ready for the weekend on Tuesday!  I have a card using the Bunny with Butterfly die from the new Spring release.  This release features some adorable dies that are perfect to welcome in the sunnier days ahead.

 This card is very simple to create.  I started with a sketch from Splitcoaststampers.
 This always makes creating go a little faster.
 I cut a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch panel for my card base from the bright green card stock, a 4 x 5 1/4 inch panel from a coordinating paper and a white panel using the third largest of the Stitched Rectangle Dies.

I glued the paper to the base panel and added a ribbon.  Tying that bow was the most difficult part of the card for me!  LOL!  (Confession - I'm not good at tying bows.)

I cut the bunny, flowers and butterfly from various colors of coordinating scraps using the Bunny with Butterfly die.  For the bunny I used a sponge dauber and Distress Oxide Vintage Photo to edge her a bit - just enough to give some depth.

I adhered her to the white rectangle and popped that up from the base using foam strips.

For my sentiment I used an older die - Hello Spring Bloom.  The purple that matched my ribbon seemed too dark and the white was a bit light and blended in too much with the background, so I decided to stack them.  I used two layers of the purple below the white.

That gave just enough "shadow" to make the sentiment visible but not overpowering.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today.  It was quick to put together (other than that bow!) and the bunny is adorable and so ready for spring.  Be sure to visit the online store where the new Spring release is on sale for a limited time!

Products used:



 

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!

3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is a great Spring card- love the colors and the layout

Sukie said...

Adorable card! The little bunny is so cute against the cheery background!

Pam MacKay said...

Very bright and cheery so cute!