Friday, March 19, 2021

Hello Spring Kitty

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today and I have a cheerful spring card featuring the Cat w/ Spring Bird die from the new Spring release.  These dies are fun, happy and perfect for the new season.  And they are on sale right now for a limited time!

To start this card I die cut everything from white cardstock except for the sentiment and the bandana on the kitty.  For these I used paper that coordinated with my background papers.  The sentiment is from an older die - Hello Spring Bloom.

I colored most everything with Distress Oxides. The small pieces (beak, bird legs, kitty nose and inner ears), I colored with Copic Markers.  I find this easier since there usually is no shading on these pieces.
These are the colors I used.

Then I cut my panels.  The card is A2 size so I cut a base panel 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches, a patterned panel using the 3rd largest Stitched Rectangle and a white panel using the 4th largest Stitched Rectangle.  I also cut  a strip 3/4 inches high from striped paper.  It was a bit longer than 4 1/4 inches.
Because I used a checked pattern for my base it was super simple to get things lined up and straight. Since the striped banner across the middle was longer than the card, I simply snipped off the excess after gluing it down.

Once my panels were glued down, I added the kitty, bird, sentiment and fun 3-D flower!  Very easy, very cheerful. Perfect for the cat lover in your life and great for any occasion!

Dies used:



Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!




3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Cute way to let someone know you are thinking of them- great Spring colors

Sukie said...

Very cute! Your spring themed card looks adorable, very pretty papers!

Pam MacKay said...

Very sweet little kitten love the bright spring colors