Friday, March 12, 2021

Spring Flowers Note Card Set

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today and I a note card set for you that features the three Spring Flowers in Jar dies from the new release.  These cards are quick to make and are the perfect size when you want to write a quick note or attach to a gift.

The cards are 3 1/2 x 5 inches.  I cut card bases for them from white cardstock but then used Bristol cardstock panels for my washes.  You can also use mixed media paper or watercolor paper for the front panels. 

 When I create a wash I tape the paper to a masonite board.  This ensures minimal warping of my paper.  For these cards I used ZIG Kuretake water pens and a brush for the water.  I like these because they have brush nibs and blend well.  You can also use regular watercolors or your dye inks.

For each card I picked two or three main colors and kept inking until the wash had good saturation.  I also would periodically lay down the die (blade down) to make sure my wash was roughly the correct shape.  I wanted the die cut to fit inside the wash.

After all three were finished and dry (and I use a heat tool to speed up drying) I used my stamping platform to stamp "Hello" in the lower right corner of the three panels.

I die cut my flowers from black cardstock.  Because these are fairly intricate dies I used a self-adhesive sheet on the back.  

You can see that the panels are still a bit warped.  I used several heavy books placed on top to help flatten them.

 All that was left was to adhere the panels to the card bases and add a clear crystal "water" drop.  These cards were very quick to create with regards to hands on time.  The hardest part for me was letting them sit under the books for a few hours to flatten out!

I hope you've enjoyed my cards today.  Be sure to visit the online store where the new release is discounted for a limited time!

Products used:

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!




2 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Beautiful backgrounds for the outline flowers and vases! Great idea

Sukie said...

Such a creative way to showcase those flower jars! Such pretty cards!