Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Sweet Birthday Wishes


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Tuesday edition of the Blog. 

The new release of Birthday dies have been restocked in the online store. So if you didn't get the ones you wanted previously, all 25 designs are in stock. This release is filled with cute little whimsical animals, birthday cakes, cupcakes and birthday phrases. Everything you need to create some outstanding birthday cards.

Today for your viewing pleasure I am featuring the Mouse with Cupcake die. I created this card using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #754. I am the hostess of the challenge this week.

I don't have a lot of photos but I will give details on all dies used as well as paper sizes. So let's get started.

Step 1: I started my card with the challenge colors. They are lovely lipstick (red), gorgeous grape (purple) and coastal cabana (tropical green). I used these colors on the mouse apron, the cupcake and the birthday present. I used Ranger multi medium matte to secure.
gorgeous grape, lovely lipstick, coastal cabana
I came across a nice sketch online that I used for my card layout. I kept it on the simple side to allow my mouse image to be the star attraction.
gorgeous grape card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
designer paper background layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
coastal cabana striped sentiment panel: 1 5/8" x 4"

Step 2: I used the 4th largest die from the nested wacky stitched circle set for my 2 circles. One is cut in white and I cut another in coastal cabana and offset it slightly. The birthday present is from the Birthday Hedgehog die set.

I stamped the sentiment directly on the striped designer paper in gorgeous grape ink. To finish off the card, I scattered a few gorgeous grape enamel dots.

That's it for this post. I will be back on Saturday featuring another card from this whimsical new release.

dies I used to create card:




3 comments:

Pam MacKay said...

Love the little mice in this release! Your card is so sweet!

Sukie said...

Super cute card! I love the little mouse in the bright and cheery colors!

Janja said...

Really cute card!