Friday, August 02, 2019

It's A Party!

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with a clean and simple birthday card using a die from the new birthday release.  This Party Mouse with Presents is adorable and makes for a very festive birthday card.  About half way through making this card, I realized that by making the presents in Christmas colors and changing the sentiment I could have a sweet Christmas card too!  How wonderful is that?
I started by stamping my stripes on a white A2 card base.
I then cut the die pieces from white card stock and used a combination of die inks and Distress Oxide inks to color them.
I stamped the sentiment in green and used the second largest oval from the Wacky Stitched Oval set to cut it out.
I glued the mouse and packages to the oval.
I used some gold cord underneath and popped the oval off of the card base using foam dots.  As a final touch I added a few gold sequins.
I hope you enjoyed today's card.  It went very quickly but I think it is very effective.  I will definitely be making this card again using a Christmas theme!

Dies:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpartymousewithpresents.aspx
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznestedwackystitchedovalset.aspx

Thanks for stopping by today - I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!

4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Love this cute mouse bearing presents- such a sweet card

Pam MacKay said...

So Cute!! I love the use of the gold cord so pretty!

Sukie said...

Super cute card! The mouse is adorable! I like the striped background you created too!

Janja said...

This is just so cute, Jeanne!