Friday, August 09, 2019

Pink is More than a Color

Happy Friday!  It's Jeanne today with a card for that special pink-loving girl in your life.  When I first saw this die it reminded me of my girls when they were small and taking ballet.  And they loved pink!
I started by cutting the pieces from white, light pink and dark pink card stock.   I used Distress Oxide inks in Pumice Stone and Tattered Rose to color the ears and mouse.  I used a Copic marker in dark grey to color the balloon strings.
Next, I worked on the sentiment.  I stamped it in Melon Mambo ink using my Mini-Misti.  While it was still in the Misti I stamped over the pink with Versamark ink.
Then I used a holographic embossing powder to emboss the sentiment.  It REALLY sparkles!  Hard to capture in the photos.
Because I wanted to offset this sentiment in the heart, I stamped it in a landscape orientation (see above photos) so when I cut it out I had room to adjust for placement.  I used the largest of the Stitched Heart dies.
I made an A2 card base from Melon Mambo card stock and cut a 4 x 5.25 inch panel from a pink patterned paper.
Since the strings on the balloons are so fine, they needed some stabilization as did the mouse's head.  I used foam dots on the back which provided support and also allowed me to pop her up from the card base.
I glued the heart to the card and popped up the ballerina.  Finally I added a few sequins for extra sparkle.


Dies used:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedheartsetbasics.aspx

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you have a fun and creative weekend!

4 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

Such a sweet feminine card

Janja said...

Oh, how cute ♥.

Pam MacKay said...

So cute! Love that little mouse!

Sukie said...

Adorable card! I'm loving all of the pretty in pink theme and the sentiment!