Saturday, August 17, 2019

Ballerina Mouse Birthday

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit with us today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. 

The new release of Birthday dies have been restocked in the online store. So if you didn't get the ones you wanted previously, all 25 designs are in stock. This release is filled with cute little whimsical animals, birthday cakes, cupcakes and birthday phrases. Everything you need to create some outstanding birthday cards.

Today, I am featuring the Ballerina Mouse die. I needed a birthday card for a little girl turning 3 and I was invited to the birthday party. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Step 1: I found this interesting sketch #762 on Splitcoaststampers this week. I thought it would be a good layout to feature this new die and allow me to use designer paper, a birthday number balloon and a stamped sentiment. 
I wanted the papers to be girly and I found this designer paper with shades of pink, teal and cocoa. I used the coordinating cardstocks as layering panels. 
Cocoa Card Base: 4 3/8" x 5 3/8"
Pink Layering Panel: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Designer Paper: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"


I cut the ballerina mouse in a light gray (smoky slate) and her outfit in 2 shades of pink (pretty in pink and pink pirouette). Her ballerina slippers are cut in teal cardstock. 
For the number balloon. I used the Stitched Numbers die and the streamer is from the Ballerina Mouse die. 


For the circle elements of the sketch, I used the Circle (4th largest), Stitched Circle (4th largest), Double Stitched Circle (5th largest) and the Sweetheart Doilies (2nd largest) dies. The sizes fit my image and sentiment well.

Step 2: I am ready to start card assembly Next, I stamped my birthday sentiment. It's a one liner but with the help of my MISTI and masking I changed it to 3 lines. I stamped in teal ink.
Attached the designer paper to the pink layering panel with double sided tape.
Next I secured the ballerina to the circle layer with double sided tape. I am using the #3 balloon as element 5 of the sketch. I just moved it to the other side.
Then I added the sentiment circle.
I thought I was finishing off my card by attaching the cocoa card base and adding enamel dots to the sentiment circle. But I thought it still need something to balance the lower left corner.
So I cut the balloon bunch from the Festive Birthday die.
Still wasn't quite right for me.  I thought I needed something on the top left. I couldn't add any enamel dots because of all the dots on the designer paper. So I cut the happy phrase from the festive Birthday die in teal cardstock. And my card is complete.

Well that's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for a way to use this sweet Ballerina Mouse die. See you again next Saturday.

dies I used to create card:









4 comments:

Sukie said...

Adorable card! The little ballerina mouse is so sweet! I love the number balloon too!

Pam MacKay said...

So sweet love the way you did the age! The ballerina mouse is so cute!

Janja said...

Really cute card!

Jeanne said...

I love this little ballerina mouse - she is so versatile! And this card is precious.