Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Hummingbird Hugs (new die)

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Tuesday edition of the Blog. Hope your Mother's Day celebration was a great one whatever you did.

There is another great release of new dies over in the online store. The Expressions Plus (word dies) with 35 designs are currently on  promotional pricing and are 25% off. The font is so beautiful and you will definitely want these in your collection.

For your viewing pleasure today, I am featuring one of the new dies. It's the hugs phrase along with the hummingbird die.  So let's get started with some details on this card.

I started my card this week with the card colors. I am using the colors from the Splitcoaststampers color challenge #636. They are Peach, Coral and Artichoke. Once that was decided, I started thinking about my layout. I am using the MojoMonday #497 sketch.
Peach, Coral, Artichoke
Card Sizes:
Card base: 4 3/8" x 5 5/8"
Coral Layer: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Coral Patterned Paper Layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
Vanilla Rectangle Layer: 2 1/4" x 4 3/4"
Coral Flower Paper: 2 1/8" x 4 5/8"
Image Layer: 2 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Coral Layering Panel: 2 1/2" x 4 1/4"

Step 1: I first figured out all the card panel sizes. Since I had the card colors, I looked through my patterned papers and found these ones in the coral shade. I decided I would go after a more monochrome look. I liked the gradient look on the background panel. I ended up putting the lighter shade at the top.
Step 2: I cut the flowers in peach and coral cardstocks and the leaves in artichoke. The hummingbird I cut in white cardstock and then sponged in coral, peach and a bit of artichoke.
Step 3:  I am now ready to start the card assembly. I wanted to show how I did my angled panel. I attached it onto the patterned paper panel at an angle with double sided tape . I used my craft knife and trimmed off the excess.
 
 
 
Step 4: The Hugs Phrase is cut with both artichoke and coral cardstocks. I did a slight offset for added interest. Here is a close-up shot of the hugs phrase as well as the hummingbird.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. See you again on Saturday. The team will be showcasing some of the new Expressions Phrases so check back each day for more inspiration.

Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzhummingbird4x4pre-order.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzexpressionsplushugsphrase.aspx
 
 

6 comments:

SugarShine Designs said...

Mary, Your Hummingbird Hugs card is very pretty. The coloring and shading you did on the hummingbird especially is beautiful. The new big word dies are really fun to work with and the "Hugs" die works great on your card.

Bev Polen said...

Beautiful, beautiful card, Mary!! The hummingbird and flowers (one of my favorite CC dies) are gorgeous, and I love the sentiment! Great art, Mary!

Pam MacKay said...

I love the new word dies and it goes perfectly with that sweet humming bird! Gorgeous card Mary!

Lois said...

Love your card today, Mary! Your color choices worked really well with the hummer and flower, and your sentiment die was perfect!

Janja said...

Simply beautiful, Mary!

Anja Ž. said...

So lovely. I like the way you colored the bird.