Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Christening cards

Hi!

It's Anja here. The new Cottage Cutz baby collection has these two beautiful dies with which you can make gorgeous christening gowns. Today I made two cards, one for a baby girl and one for a baby boy. They are very simple to make and can be used as a christening invitations or congratulation cards.


I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Boy Christening Outfit, Girl Christening Gown, Fancy Mary Jane Shoes, Spring Greenery, Stitched Rounded Square Set),
- Distress Inks (Stormy Sky, Worn Lipstick),
- white card base (15 x 10,5 cm),
- white, pink, blue and green card stock,
- white liquid pearls,
- embossing folder,
- paper glue and foam glue pads.

First I cut all the pieces for the outfits. I used white, blue and pink paper. I put distress ink around the edges of every small piece.


I used the same procedure for the flowers. I used a special tool to make a 3D effect.


Then I cut some greenery from the green card stock.


I made each background from two pieces of paper. First I cut pink and blue (14,5 x 10 cm) and then white (14 x 9,5 cm). I embossed the white one with an embossing folder. I could use any other design. Then I cut the third largest square from the Stitched Rounded Square Set to put my gowns on. 



Then I just had to put all the pieces together. This is how I glued the greenery.


And in the end I glued the little flowers and decorated it with liquid pearls.





And this is it from me today.

Have a nice Wednesday.
Anja Ž.

Cottage Cutz products I used:







6 comments:

Janja said...

Anja, both cards are very beautiful.

SugarShine Designs said...

I like your clean design. It shows off the christening clothes detail so elegantly. Great cards Anja!

Pam MacKay said...

Very sweet pair of cards love those little outfits!

Bev Polen said...

Anja, your cards are so beautiful, and I like how you showcased them! Great card, Anja!!

Anita Kejriwal said...

Very sweet cards

Mary Marsh said...

2 beautifully done cards Anja- the background texture is perfect for your CAS design