Sunday, May 21, 2017

Slider & shaker card

Hello!

It's Anja here. Today I'm sharing a card where I used two popular card designs. I combined a shaker and a slider card. I used mini toys dies that are perfect for these kind of interactive cards.


I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Toy Airplane Mini, Toy Submarine Mini, Toy Tugboat Mini, Stitched Rounded Square Set),
- Distress Oxides (Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Pint, Fossilized Amber, Broken China, Faded Jeans),
- white card base (12,5x12,5 cm),
- watercolor paper (9,5x9,5 cm and 12x12 cm),
- white foam,
- clear acetate,
- shaker filler material (seed beads),
- foam adhesive pads,
- pennies,
- spin&slide discs,
- glue.


 I die cut all the toys and colored them with the Distress Oxides. I glued little pieces of paper on the backside to make the windows.


Then I made the background. I took 9,5x9,5 cm watercolor cardstock. I used blue shades of Oxides and blended them together. Then splashed some water drops on top and dried them with a heat gun.


Then I used the biggest square die for the 12x12 cm paper and the 3rd and 5th biggest for the 9,5x9,5 cm paper. I also cut another square from white cardstock that was the same size as the small blue frame (not pictured).


Next I made the shaker part of the card. I used the second biggest square die to cut the acetate and 3rd and 5th biggest die to cut foam. I adhered the acetate on the colored frame first and added the foam. I let it dry before continuing. I glued the other two pieces as shown on the picture below. Bigger blue frame on the card base and the smallest blue square on the bigger white square. When all was dried I put shaker fillers inside and closed it. I let it all dry again. I used liquid glue but could also used double side adhesive tape and made it a little quicker.


I used foam adhesive foam pads to glue the shaker part and white frame on the card base.


Before I adhered the white frame I made the slider mechanism. I used pennies and discs for that and inserted them on. Then I glued the frame.


In the end I added the toys. I glued the boat directly on the acetate.


And this is the finished card.




Thanks for stopping by. Have a beautiful Sunday.
Anja Z.






7 comments:

SugarShine Designs said...

How fun is this card Anja! It will totally fascinate the lucky child who gets this card. -Janet

Janja said...

This card is so cool, Anja !! I love it.

Mary Marsh said...

so cute and how creative to combine a shaker and a spinner-so perfect to dazzle a little one

Pam MacKay said...

Darling and clever card! I love interactive cards!

Bev Polen said...

Anja, your card is gorgeous! You did a great job at creating both a shaker and slider card! Very creative. I love your coloring with the oxide inks.

Anita Kejriwal said...

So clever !!!! Lovely !!!

Maja said...

Amazing card!