Wednesday, May 10, 2017

CottageCutz Baby Lamb on Moom

Hello and welcome to the Scrapping Cottage Blog!  I am Beverly Polen from Guneaux Designs, and today I am a guest designer.  I have for you a darling card that features the CottageCutz Baby Lamb on Moon Die.  I think the baby lamb is so adorable!


The card design is a Z-Fold with ovals cut out from the first and second sections.  You can see through the ovals to the main element on the back section of the card, which is the CottageCutz Baby Lamb on the Moon.  I have not seen before a Z-Fold card with the first two sections cut out for windows to see through to the main image on the back section.  If there is no such design in the crafting world, I guess I just created a new Z-Fold card design.   LOL!

To create my Z-Fold card, I cut from white card stock the pieces from the lovely CottageCutz Baby Lamb on Moon Die.  


I colored the pieces with Copic Sketch Markers, adding a touch of gray to the moon.  Afterwards, I glued the pieces together.


Using the second and third to the largest CottageCutz Double-Stitched Oval Dies, I cut out an oval and frame from white card stock.  I later colored the frame with a yellow copic marker.  I also cut a second frame with the largest and second to the largest dies and colored it yellow. 


I colored the oval with two of the new Tim Holtz Oxide Ink Pads (i.e., faded jeans and broken china). I used the lighter blue for the center of the oval for the moon's glow.


Then, I cut a 10-13/16" x 5-1/2" piece of white card stock and, on the 10-13/16" side, scored at the 3-5/8" and 7-1/4" measurements.  The 3-5/8" score line is a mountain fold and the 7-1/4" score line is a valley fold.  At this point, I did not fold the card stock on the score lines until I finished additional steps.  


I wanted to create the appearance of a galaxy; therefore, I sponged onto the card stock three of the Tim Holtz Oxide Inks (i.e., fossilized amber, faded jeans, and broken china) and spritzed it lightly with water.  After drying, I used a toothbrush and diluted white acrylic paint to splatter paint onto the colored card stock.


After that dried, I turned the card stock over and colored the center section with the same inks, spritzed with water, and splattered with acrylic paint.  When the card is finished, this section will be the inside center fold.


Before folding on the score lines, I placed the second largest Double-Stitched Oval Die on the first section of the card, and the third largest die on the center section, centering them as much as possible. I ran the card stock and dies through my die cutting machine.


I then folded the card on the score lines, and the following photo shows the result.


Next, I assembled the card by attaching the baby lamb and moon onto the oval previously colored and adhered it to the last section of the card.  I used an old star stamp to stamp, emboss, fussy cut, and add to this piece.



Then I added the largest yellow frame to the first section of the card and the smaller frame to the inside center section. 


When the card is closed, the back middle section that was inked will show as the second section on the card.


I did not add other embellishments to the card as I did not want to distract from the "galaxy" effect on the card.  A sentiment will be added when I know who is the recipient.

I hope you enjoy this card and take time to browse the recently released baby and script design dies! The script dies are 25% off for a limited time!  Have a blessed day!

I used these two CottageCutz dies for the card:



6 comments:

Lois said...

That's a very clever card, Bev. I like the layered look inside the oval when the card is closed!

Pam MacKay said...

So sweet love the card design too!

Anja Ž. said...

Your card is so adorable. I love your background.

Mary Marsh said...

such a sweet card Bev-I love the galaxy you created for the baby lamb

Janja said...

How sweet is this card. Beautiful color combination.

SugarShine Designs said...

This is such a neat design with the oval z-fold feature. Your background is just gorgeous. Very artistic!