Saturday, May 06, 2017

Dinosaur Birthday Kisses

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

The new baby dies release is just too cute and I just can't stop making cards using these sweet dies (LOL)! And with 42 different designs, I have had lots of ideas.  So today for your viewing pleasure, I am showcasing a couple of the new baby dino dies using the Brontosaurus and T-Rex. I needed a child's birthday card and these dino's work perfectly. What little one doesn't love dinosaur's? And that's both boys and girls.

So let's get started with some details on what I did this week. I already knew I was making a birthday card so I just needed my layout. So when I saw the sketch #643 on Splitcoaststampers this week, I knew it would work for a little dinosaur scene.

Plum Card Base: 4 1/2 " x 5 3/4"
White Image Panel: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
I used a hinge technique to get this larger size card base. Here is a link to some instructions I provided previously on how I do this with 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock.

Step 1: Once I looked at this sketch, I thought I would make rolling hills as the spot to place my dino's. I was going to cut the hills but after looking through my patterned paper, I found paper that already had the shape of the hills. I just needed to measure and fussy cut. The paper even had a little pattern. It's the look I was after.

Step 2: Once the hills were cut I adhered to white card base with dimensional adhesive. I used a cloud template and sponged the top of the white cardstock with tumbled glass distress ink. The clouds are covering layer 1 of this sketch.

Step 3: I wanted 3 dino's in this scene so I cut one (1) T-Rex and two (2) from the Brontosaurus dies. On the Brontosaurus I used a peach card stock + peach patterned paper and yellow cardstock and + yellow patterned paper.
On the T-Rex I used plum and olive cardstocks + plum patterned paper. I like the variegated colors on the pattern papers I chose. It adds some interest to the dinosaurs.

I also used the CottageCutz grass, tree and vines die for another element to this card.


Step 4: Now that all the card elements are done, I needed to think about my sentiment and the placement of it. I have a stamp set with individual sentiment words so I chose birthday & kisses. Since they are 2 separate stamps, I stamped in black ink on plum cardstock and cut them into 2 labels. Here is a card close-up.

Well, that's my card for this week. I hope I have given you some an idea for using these Baby dino stamps. Have a great weekend, Blogger friends and see you back here next time........
Dies I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbabydino-brontosaurus.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbabydino-t-rex.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzgrasstreeandvines.aspx



5 comments:

Bev Polen said...

Mary, what a fantastic response to the SCS sketch challenge! The little dinos on the card are so adorable, and I love the placement of them. The recipient of this birthday card will be elated. Great card, Mary!

Pam MacKay said...

Oh my what a darling little dino scene! The hills and sky look great! Wonderful and fun Mary!!

Janja said...

These dinosaurs are so much fun. You've created a splendid dinosaur scene.

SugarShine Designs said...

Great card project Mary! I think the whimsical colors you chose for the dinos are so much fun. You made a perfect cloud background too. Your artwork is just right for these new die cuts.

Anja Ž. said...

Your dinosaurs are lovely and I like your background scene very much.