Sunday, April 02, 2017

Spring Scene with Cute Animals


Hi everyone! It's Anja here and this is my first post on the Cottage Cutz blog. I'm very honored and happy to be able to share my work with you for the next six months.

For my first post I decided to combine a few different dies and made a spring scene with some cute animals.




I used:
- white card stock base (13x34 cm, folded at 8,5 cm and 25,5 cm)
- white card stock strip (4x36 cm, folded at 8,5 cm and 25,7 cm)
- white paper for die cuts
- Distress Ink pads: Peeled paint, Mowed lawn, Barn Door, Shabby Shutters, Stormy Sky, Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, Weathered Wood, Tea Dye, Pumice Stone
- patterned paper (12,6x16,6 cm, 2x 12,6x8,3 cm)
- white and black pen
- paper glue

First I cut all the little elements from white paper.


Then I colored them with Distress Inks and glued them together. I made the eyes with black pen and bunny and mouse ears and nose with white pen.


I then folded the white card stock base at 8,5 and 25,5 cm and glued on some patterned paper. I applied some Peeled Paint Distress Ink on the edges of patterned paper.


Then I colored the sky and grass with a sponge and Distress Inks. And glued all the pieces together.



In the end I made a strip that holds the card closed. I cut tree stitched squares and decorated them with the cute little snail that goes well with the patterned paper.



Cottage Cutz dies I used:







Thank you for stopping by. I wish you a beautiful Sunday!


Anja Z. 

10 comments:

Bev Polen said...

Anja, what a beautiful card you made for your first post! I love the beautiful spring scene on the inside with the awesome animals, band featuring the darling snail, gorgeous designer paper on the outside, and card design! Your work is fantastic, Anja! Looking forward to future posts!

Janja said...

Anja, absolutely cute. I love it.

Joanne said...

Adorable Anja...beautiful work!

Pam MacKay said...

Super cute card! Love all the critters!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute scene Anja- congrats on your first post -it is a big success

Lois said...

You've created a really cute little scene, Anja! I love all those little critters.

SugarShine Designs said...

What a fantastic spring card! You created such a cute scene with all those critters! Looking forward to seeing future work!!

Юлия Кузнецова said...

Cool card!

Vladuška said...

This scene in so adorable and I love your card.

Anita Kejriwal said...

Such a pretty card. Loved the colouring.