Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sleeping Bear

Hi!

It's Sunday again and it's time for my new post. The new Baby collection in available in the store and I just love it. For my first baby card I chose this cute bear on the moon.


 I used:
- Cottage Cutz dies (Bear on Cloud and Moon),
- white card base (14,5 x 14,5 cm),
- light blue paper (13,5 x 13,5 cm),
- white watercolor paper (13 x 13 cm),
- Distress inks (Black Soot, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Stormy Sky, Broken China, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Vintage photo, Brushed Corduroy),
- blue felt,
- blue small pom pom,
- white embossing powder,
- little star stamp,
- Versamark embossing ink pad,
- white and gold acrylic paint,
- water,
- brush,
- white and black pen,
- paper glue and foam glue pads.


First I made the starry background. I stamped a bunch of little stars on the watercolor paper using Versamark embossing ink.


I embossed it with white embossing powder and colored the background with Distress Inks (Broken China, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Black Soot and Chipped Sapphire).


I dropped some water around the stars and dried it with the heat gun.


I splashed some drops of white acrylic paint around the stars to make it look like a galaxy.


Then I die cut all the pieces for the bear from white card stock and colored it with Distress inks. The blanket is cut from blue felt. 


The moon is also colored with Distress Inks and sprayed with some water. I emphasized the surface with white brush pen and splashes of gold acrylic paint.


I glued all the pieces of paper together and adhered the moon with foam glue pads to give it a little height.




That is all from me today. Have a nice Sunday.

Anja Ž.

Cottage Cutz die I used:



6 comments:

Bev Polen said...

How beautiful, Anja! The starry background is great, and I love the bear wrapped in its blanket resting on the moon! Great artwork, Anja!

Janja said...

Lovely card, Anja. The background is so nice.

Pam MacKay said...

Very cool background for your sweet little bear!

SugarShine Designs said...

Beautifully Done Anja! The background you made is perfect for the little sleeping bear.

Mary Marsh said...

You definitely achieved a galaxy look with this amazing background Anja. This is such a great card using this die.

Anita Kejriwal said...

Beautiful. It's such a beautiful starry background. Loved the bear