Saturday, April 08, 2017

Bumblebee Ben Framed Card

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

A couple of months ago there was a new release of the cutest little bear stamps & coordinating die sets. Adventures of Chloe & Ben have been featured by many of the Design Team. If you haven't seen them before take a look back on the Blog. I made this card last Saturday.

Today for your viewing pleasure, I am showcasing another one of those dies.  I present Bumblebee Ben. He will be the star of my framed card. So without further delay, let's get started on how I created my card.
Vanilla Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Honey Frame: largest wide stitched rectangle frame die 4 3/4" x 3 3/4"
Image Panel: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"

Step 1: I used Tuxedo Black (Memento) ink on  X-Press It Blending cardstock to stamp the image. I always stamp 2 just in case I make a mistake in coloring.

Today, I am using both Prismacolor Pencils + Gamsol and Blendabilities Alcohol Markers.
Gamsol is an odorless mineral spirits that helps to move the wax around in the pencils.
Blendabilities used: Melon Mambo (light & medium), old olive (light and medium), navy (light, med and dark )
Prismacolor Pencils: PC1082, PC947 (brown), PC928, PC993 (pinks), PC1060 (gray), Black & White

After coloring I cut Ben out with the coordinating die. It's included in the set.

Step 2: Cut the frame with the pierced wide rectangle frame set in a honey cardstock.  I wanted a honeycomb stencil as the background for the beehive and bee. Used distress ink, stencil and a stencil brush.
Step 3:   With stenciling complete, I cut my background elements. Used an older die set "Beehives" that includes the beehive, bee and tree limb. I thought it worked well with Bumblebee Ben. Used the same honey cardstock for the beehive. Used vellum for the bee's wings and sponged lightly with honey distress ink.
Step 4:  Stamped my sentiment. This is a card of encouragement so I thought this stamp would work well. I used a stamp-a-ma-jig for placement. I laid the card pieces on the background and added the frame to make sure I got the proper placement.
Step 5:  I assembled my card on this step. I used mounting tape to lift the frame from the background. It adds interest to your card. Since the frame was popped up, I didn't need to do that with Ben. Here is a close up shot of the dies. Really a lot of detail in the beehive and bee and in the stitched frame. All of the CottageCutz dies have such great detail.
 
Well, that's it for me for this post. I hope I have given you some ideas on another way to use the Bumblebee Ben die. There is also another stamp and die set in the store that you could use to re-create this card. Maybe you already own it. It's the Sweet Valentines stamp & die combo.
 
See you next Saturday. Until then.........keep on crafting!
 
Dies I used to Create Card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbumblebeebenstampanddie.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzbeehives4x4.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedwiderectangleframesetbasics.aspx


7 comments:

SugarShine Designs said...

Great card Mary! Ben is so cute and the hive cut along with the hive background is really pretty. Your coloring is excellent also.

Pam MacKay said...

Fantastic combo of dies and stamps! Love the honeycomb background and beehive perfect for your wonderfully colored little bear! Awesome card Mary!

Lois said...

This is so cute, Mary! I love Ben, and he does indeed look happy there beneath that bee and beehive.

Anja Ž. said...

Mary, your bear is so cute. Your coloring is beautiful.

Bev Polen said...

Awe, Mary, I love your sweet and gorgeous card! You did a fantastic job of coloring Bumblebee Ben!

Janja said...

So nice card. I like the background.

Anita Kejriwal said...

Such a pretty card !!! I miss not having this set