Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Congratulations Card - Baby Monkey







I used several techniques on this monkey to maximize his cuteness. First I shaded him using brown and black chalks before putting him together. I raised up his paws with foam tape and rounded his tummy before placing a strip of foam tape down his middle to help retain the baby tummy roundness. He demanded some googly eyes and I happily complied! Then his mouth was traced with a black fine-lined marker so his personality could really shine. I also rounded the balloons and attached them with foam tape to the strings. The balloons are part of this monkey set and I know I'll use them for many other projects. It's always nice when a die is versatile.


For the interior of the card, I nested three stitched ovals, tucked clouds into them and stamped a message in the middle of the top oval. This left plenty of room to write a message to the lucky new parents. The clouds used in this card and the sun came from the Clouds & Sun die set.


Thanks for spending some time with us at the Scrapping Cottage! Don't forget to check out the new release and I'll be back again on the 30th with another new project video.











8 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

This is such a cute card - love this new monkey die- the video is fabulous as always

Lois said...

So cute, Janet! I enjoyed the video very much.

Bev Polen said...

Janet, your card is so adorable and cute! The little monkey with the googly eyes is such an eye-catcher! I thoroughly enjoyed your video that is so well done! You are great with producing the videos! Great job, Janet!

Pam MacKay said...

Wonderful Video Janet and your card is so cute!

Joanne said...

Awesome video Janet! I love watching your videos...you always do such a wonderful job. Such an adorable card!

Anja Ž. said...

Your monkey is so cute!

Janja said...

Very pretty card, and great video, Janet!

Anita Kejriwal said...

Beautifully done !!! and awesome video