Saturday, April 22, 2017

Sending Hugs from Noah's Ark

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog.

We just had the cutest release of baby dies. There are 42 different designs. So perfect for creating cards to welcome the new baby, baby birthday cards or even as baby shower invitations. I have several nieces who just got married and now are expecting so I will need baby cards soon. Just not right now and that may be where you are at.

So today for your viewing pleasure, I am showcasing the new Noah's Ark die. But, I am showing another way to use this die that isn't centered around a baby card. I featured this card on Tuesday using the choo choo train dies with the same idea. 

I needed a card of encouragement to send from a group of us. I thought all the ark animals would be perfect for a card of this type. So let's get started with some details on how I created this card.

Gray Card Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Blue Layer Panel: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Patterned Paper Image Panel: 5 1/4" x 4"

Step 1: This week I created my card design totally around my patterned paper. I found this awesome scenic water and sky patterned paper in my stash. I thought it would be a great accompaniment to the ark. I really like using patterned paper on my cards. So when the card design, dies and paper fit like a glove it's a win-win for me.
Step 2: I cut all the animals and the ark using different color cardstock. The colored picture on the die packaging is always the perfect colors-in my opinion. So I usually use colored cardstock that matches the picture.
Step 3: I assembled the ark and placed all the animals in their assigned spot. Normally, I would do this right on the patterned paper but I only had 1 sheet of this paper and I didn't want to make a mistake or get glue somewhere it shouldn't be. You know how easily that can happen (lol)!!
Step 4: I stamped my sentiment on this step. I used 2 different stamps and my MISTI for placement. I forgot to take a photo of this part of the process. Started assembling all the layers. I changed the base color to a light gray instead of the white I was going to use. I thought the gray accented the blue panel and the patterned paper more than the white.
 
Well, Blogger friends that's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you another idea on how to use these new dies. See you all next Saturday!!!
 
Die I used to create card:
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutznoahsark.aspx

8 comments:

SugarShine Designs said...

Totally adorable Mary! I have been waiting to see this particular die used and you created a fun card with it. This die has so many possibilities beyond a baby card.So cute and detailed!

Dreja said...

Oh, die Karte ist phantastisch!
Eine tolle Stanzform.
LG Dreja

Pam MacKay said...

Oh my goodness this is just so stinkin' cute!! I love all the details and fun bright colors you used! Awesome card Mary!!

Janja said...

Wow, that's wonderful, Mary. ♥♥♥

Sukie said...

Absolutely adorable!

Bev Polen said...

Mary, I love your Noah's Ark card! You did a fantastic job with all those pieces! Beautiful card, Mary!

Anita Kejriwal said...

That's lot of colouring . Beautiful card mary

Anja Ž. said...

Very nice!